Also Known As:
- Jehad Jamaii Organization
- Academic Center for Education, Culture, and Research
P.O. Box 14155-4364, No 1270 Enghelab Avenue, Tehran, Iran
Entity Web Site:
A science and technology research institution that is subordinate to Iran’s Supreme Council of the Cultural Revolution; supports the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ (IRGC) research and development.
Receives about 20% of its funding from the Iranian government; receives the majority of its funding from the research and sale of technology and related services to public and private organizations.
Has 129 research groups and 113 technical centers; has 12 branches in Tehran and 30 branches across Iran, each of which is linked to a university, including:
- Amirkabir University of Technology
- Khaje Nasir Toosi University of Technology
- Shahid Beheshti University
- Sharif University of Technology
- Tarbiat Modarres University.
Affiliated companies include:
- Asra Computer Technology Co.
- Behnian Jonoob Engineering Co.
- Fajre Tosea Engineering Consultants Co.
- Jahed Shariz Co.
- Talash Naghshe Jahan Engineering Consultants Co.
- Zaminkav Gostar
- Zaminnegar Soffe Co.
Has a publication center; employs research personnel in various universities.
Officials include Dr. Hamid Reza Tayebi (president), Dr. Behrouz Badko (parliamentary affairs), Dr. Mohammadreza Pourabedi (deputy of research and technology), Dr. Mohammadsadegh Bijandi (educational deputy and president of the Occupation Cooperative Organization of Academic Graduates), Dr. Ahmad Sharifizadeh (coordination deputy), Dr. Isa Alizadeh (cultural deputy), and Ali Moradi (Office of Scientific Cooperation and International Affairs).
Established in 1980.