Whereas the Governor in Council is of the opinion that the situation in Iran constitutes a grave breach of international peace and security that has resulted or is likely to result in a serious international crisis;
Therefore, His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, pursuant to subsections 4...(1) to (3) of the Special Economic Measures Act,[a] hereby makes the annexed Regulations Amending the Special Economic Measures (Iran) Regulations.
[a] S.C. 1992, c. 17
1. Part 1 of Schedule 1 to the Special Economic Measures (Iran) Regulations1 is amended by adding the following after item 345:
346. Turbine Engineering and Manufacturing (TEM) (also known as TEM Co.)
347. SAD Export Import Company (also known as SAD Import & Export Company)
349. Behnam Sahriyari Trading Company
350. Darya Delalan Sefid Khazar Shipping Company (Iran) (also known as Khazar Sea Shipping Lines, Darya-ye Khazar Shipping Company, Khazar Shipping Co., KSSL, Daryaye Khazar (Caspian Sea) Co. and Darya-e-khazar Shipping Co.)
2. Part 2 of Schedule 1 to the Regulations is amended by adding the following after item 48:
49. Ali Ashraf Nouri
50. Hojatoleslam Ali Saidi (also known as Hojjat-al-Eslam Ali Saidi and Hojjat-al-Eslam Ali Saeedi)
51. Amir Ali Haji Zadeh (also known as Amir Ali Hajizadeh)
APPLICATION BEFORE PUBLICATION
3. For the purpose of paragraph 11â€(2)â€(a) of the Statutory Instruments Act, these Regulations apply before they are published in the Canada Gazette.
COMING INTO FORCE
4. These Regulations come into force on the day on which they are registered.