Papers presented at a conference sponsored by the National Intelligence Council and the Federal Research Division.
This conference document includes papers produced by distinguished experts on China's weapons-of-mass-destruction (WMD) programs. The seven papers were complemented by commentaries and general discussions among the 40 specialists at the proceedings. The main topics of discussion included:
- The development of China's nuclear forces.
- China's development of chemical and biological weapons.
- China's involvement in the proliferation of WMD.
- China's development of missile delivery systems.
- The implications of these developments for the United States.