Briefing by Foreign Ministry Deputy Spokesperson Artyom Kozhin, Moscow, June 27, 2019 (Excerpts)

June 27, 2019

[...]

Question: Who, in your opinion, could attack the oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman, if not Iran? Russian Security Council Secretary Nikolai Patrushev said at a meeting in Israel that the downed US drone had been in Iranian airspace. He also said that he had been supplied with this information by the Russian Defence Ministry. What data is there to prove this claim?

Artyom Kozhin: As for the tankers in the Gulf of Oman, you know our position. We think it is necessary to wait until a high-quality international investigation has been carried out; this is why we are not making any forecasts or assumptions. The relevant international organisations must analyse the situation. As I said, an investigation is in order.

As for the second part of your question, I am not ready to comment on it in any way because I do not have the relevant information. We will get more accurate information about this and go back to this subject if it is possible.

[...]