United States District Court
District of Minnesota
United States of America,
1. Green Wave Telecommunication, Sdn Bhd,
2. Alireza Jalali, and
3. Negar Ghodskani,
a/k/a Negar Kani
THE UNITED STATES GRAND JURY CHARGES THAT:
At all times relevant to the Indictment:
A. Defendants and Relevant Entities
1. Defendant Green Wave Telecommunication, Sdn, Bhn, (“defendant Green Wave”) is a Malaysian company with its principal place of business located in Kuala Lumpur, malaysia. Defendant Green Wave acquires sensitive export controlled technology from the United States on behalf of an Iranian company located in Tehran, Iran (“Iranian Company 1”)
2. Iranian Company 1 specializes in broadcast communications, microwave communications, and government communications. Iranian Company #1 also designs and produces digital video broadcasting equipments and supplies microwave radio systems and broadcast communications in Iran. Iranian Company 1 has close commercial ties with public and government of Iran organizations, including Iran Electronics Industry (“IEI”), Iran Communications Industry (“ICI”), and the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (“IRIB”). The United States Department of the Treasury has specifically designated both IEI and ICI as sanctioned entities because both firms are owned or controlled by entities previously designated for their roles in Iran’s nuclear and ballistic missile programs.
3. Defendant Alireza Jalali (“defendant Jalali”), located in malaysia, was an employee of Green Wave’s Purchasing Department.
4. Defendant Ngar Ghodskani, a/k/a “Negar Kani” (“defendant Ghodskani”), located in Iran, was an employee of both defendant Green Wave and Iranian Company 1.
Read the full indictment below.