THE COUNCIL OF THE EUROPEAN UNION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EU) No 269/2014 of 17 March 2014 concerning restrictive measures in respect of actions undermining or threatening the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Ukraine, and in particular Article 14(1) thereof,
Having regard to the proposal from the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy,
(1) On 17 March 2014, the Council adopted Regulation (EU) No 269/2014.
(2) The Union remains unwavering in its support for Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.
(3) The Iranian regime provides military support for Russia’s unprovoked and unjustified war of aggression against Ukraine. On 20 October 2022, the Council adopted Implementing Regulation (EU) 2022/1985.
(4) In view of the gravity of the situation, the Council considers that two individuals and two entities involved in the development and delivery of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles to Russia should be added to the list of natural and legal persons, entities and bodies subject to restrictive measures set out in Annex I to Regulation (EU) No 269/2014.
(5) Annex I to Regulation (EU) No 269/2014 should therefore be amended accordingly,
HAS ADOPTED THIS REGULATION:
Annex I to Regulation (EU) No 269/2014 is amended in accordance with the Annex to this Regulation.
This Regulation shall enter into force on the date of its publication in the Official Journal of the European Union.
This Regulation shall be binding in its entirety and directly applicable in all Member States.
Done at Brussels, 14 November 2022.
For the Council
J. BORRELL FONTELLES