1. I have the honour to speak on behalf of the European Union. The following countries align themselves with this statement: the Republic of North Macedonia*, Montenegro*, Iceland+, Serbia*, Albania*, Bosnia and Herzegovina*, Liechtenstein+, Norway+, Ukraine, the Republic of Moldova and San Marino.
2. The European Union would like to thank the Director General for his report contained in document GOV/2020/15 on the NPT Safeguards Agreement with the Islamic Republic of Iran and DDG Aparo for the technical briefing on 5 March 2020.
3. The EU welcomes that the Director General has brought the matters reflected in the report to the attention of the Board in a timely manner and commends him and the Secretariat for their continued professional, technical and impartial work in verifying Iran's safeguards obligations.
4. The EU also welcomes the fact that the IAEA evaluates all safeguards-relevant information available to it in line with standard practice and we encourage it to continue to do so. We underline that such comprehensive evaluation is essential in ascertaining that there are no indications of diversion of declared nuclear material from peaceful nuclear activities and no indications of undeclared nuclear material and activities in a State with a comprehensive safeguards agreement.
5. The EU notes with concern that as a result of its ongoing evaluations the Agency has identified a number of unanswered questions related to possible undeclared nuclear material and nuclear-related activities at three locations that had not been declared by Iran.
6. The EU appreciates and fully supports the Agency's efforts to implement its mandate, notably with regard to possible undeclared nuclear material and activities in Iran. In this regard, the EU expresses serious concern that Iran has not provided access to the Agency to two locations as required under the Additional Protocol.
7. The EU unequivocally urges Iran to cooperate fully and promptly with the Agency including by fulfilling its legal obligation to allow Complementary Access as notified by the Agency in accordance with the Additional Protocol.
8. The EU notes and welcomes that the Director General will continue to report to the Board of Governors as appropriate.
9. To conclude, Madame Chair, the EU reiterates its support and trust in the IAEA for the fulfilment of its mandate under the NPT Safeguards Agreements.
Thank you, Madam Chair.