- On 2 July 2015, the Director General held meetings with the President of Iran, HE Mr Hassan Rouhani, and the Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council, HE Mr Ali Shamkhani, to advance work towards the resolution of all outstanding issues.
- On 14 July 2015, the Director General and the Vice-President of Iran and President of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, HE Mr Ali Akbar Salehi, signed a ‘Road-map for the clarification of past and present outstanding issues regarding Iran’s nuclear programme’ (Road-map), as set out in the annex to the Director General’s report of November 2011.
- On 14 July 2015, the E3/EU+3 and Iran agreed on a Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
- On 20 July 2015, the United Nations Security Council adopted resolution 2231, in which, inter alia, it “requests the Director General of the IAEA to undertake the necessary verification and monitoring of Iran’s nuclear-related commitments for the full duration of those commitments under the JCPOA”.
- On 15 August 2015, as agreed in the Road-map, Iran provided to the Agency its explanations in writing and related documents, on past and present outstanding issues.
- On 25 August 2015, the Board of Governors, inter alia, authorized the Director General to implement the necessary verification and monitoring of Iran’s nuclear-related commitments as set out in the JCPOA, subject to the availability of funds and consistent with the Agency’s standard safeguards practices.
- The Agency has continued to undertake monitoring and verification in relation to the nuclear-related measures set out in the Joint Plan of Action (JPA).